While reading the review, you might want to download the firmware from manufacturers site
. Download is very slow so i'll host it here too - download
. If i run out of traffic, i'll remove the file.
This time PIPO has provided universal ROM for both 3G, non 3G devices, Chinese and English language - all in one. First off, default language is Chinese and upon first boot you are greeted with 3 Chinese labeled buttons that have odd colors. You have to press first button, to get to language selector.
Pick English (or whatever you need) and go on. Now buttons are changed and you can go on to timezone setting which is button #2. When finished, just press the last button and that should do it.
When i connected to internet, notification appeared that stated that there's 5Mb OTA update available (which I set up right away, of course).
- It's Android 4.2.2
- There is still no multi-user feature available
- There is multi-window feature. I felt it's kindof clumzy, but it might be that i just don't know how to use it properly.
- It appears to me, that it's still based on Rockchip SDK 1 :(
- Skype works. If it was SDK 2, i think there might be some problems.
- AnTuTu benchmark is higher than Nexus 10 (yay, 19827), but it might be, that it's faster because i have no apps installed yet and I'm comparing it with my old installation of update #29 (naay)
- Mobile connection option is no longer on quick-settings dropdown (which is good, because it has nothing to do with non 3g models)
Official ROM, update#66_M9_english_1.0.6_NOMMS_20131025.img
Kernel: Linux version 3.0.36+ (root@lzj
-desktop) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #75 SMP PREEMPT Wed Oct 30 14:23:06 CST 2013
Build: rk30sdk-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39 eng.root.201301025.094422 test-keys
Version: Android 4.2.2
Antutu (on battery power): 19827, 19595
Antutu (on AC): 19509, 19472
Epic Citadel (on battery power): 43.1, 42.9
Epic Citadel (on AC): 42.8, 43.0